Thank you for your
interest in employment and joining the City of Halstead team!
City of Halstead, Kansas (population 2,200), is located in the south central
part of Kansas in Harvey
County. Halstead is about a mile south of US HWY 50 via K-89, situated along the Little Arkansas River, and has convenient access to Newton (10 minutes), Wichita and Hutchinson (25 minutes), and McPherson (30 minutes). Halstead is a vibrant and friendly small community and the City of Halstead and its employees play an important and direct role in making Halstead a place that everyone wants to call home. We are looking for individuals who want to make a difference and engage with the community and its residents and businesses while completing the strategic objectives of the various departments that offer services or amenities to our city.
The City of Halstead offers a highly competitive benefits package for full-time employees that includes:
- Health and Dental Insurance Coverage - 90% of premium paid by employer
- Vision Plan - 90% of premium paid by employer
- Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Kansas Public Employees Retirement System (KPERS)
- Life Insurance - both KPERS and a separate $20,000 policy; 100% paid by employer
- Short-Term Disability - 100% paid by employer
- Other Optional Insurances (Colonial Life, KPERS Optional Life, employee paid)
- Flexible Spending Account (Medical and Dependent Care, employee paid)
- 13 Paid Holidays
Vacation and Sick Leave - begins accruing at date of hire
- Paid Bereavement and Civil Leave
- Family and Medical Leave (FMLA)
- Performance/Merit increases - pay increases based on annual performance reviews
- Cost of Living Adjustments - across the board wage adjustments considered annually by City Council
- Cellphone/Mobile phone reimbursement
- Education and Tuition remibursement
By submitting your application to the City of Halstead, you understand and agree to the following statements:
- I certify that all of the information submitted by me on this application is true and complete, and I understand that if any false information, omissions, or misrepresentations are discovered, my application may be rejected and, if I am employed, my employment may be terminated at any time.
- In consideration of my employment, I agree to conform to the City of Halstead’s rules and regulations, and I agree that my employment and compensation are considered “at-will” which means I can be terminated, with or without notice, at any time, at either my or the City of Halstead’s option. I also understand and agree that the terms and conditions of my employment may be changed, with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time by the City of Halstead.
- I understand that the City of Halstead is a Drug/Alcohol-Free Workplace and that if I am offered employment, the offer may be contingent on my passing a pre-employment alcohol/drug screening.
- I understand that the City of Halstead may require other forms of pre-employment testing or examination,
determined by the position, which may include but are not limited to physical
examinations, physical endurance testing, polygraph,
and psychological examination. These tests and
examinations will be paid for entirely by the City of Halstead.
submitting an application for employment, you are voluntarily agreeing to submit to any required pre-employment screening, testing, or examination as may be determined by the position for which you are applying. You acknowledge and understand that failure to pass the
required alcohol/drug screen and/or testing or other examinations will result in withdrawal of any employment
offer. Refusal to submit to a test will result in an applicant not being considered for employment.
Reasonable accommodations will be made for disabilities.
The City of Halstead is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The City of Halstead does not discriminate in its programs or services provided to the general public, including employment and all other activities, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity or any other similarly protected status.
Disabilities Act (ADA)
City shall make reasonable modifications in policies, practices, or procedures
when the modifications are necessary to avoid discrimination on the basis of
disability, unless the City can demonstrate that making the modifications would
fundamentally alter the nature of the service, program, or activity. The City of Halstead will not place surcharges
on individuals with disabilities to cover the costs involved in making programs
If you have any questions
about employment with the City of Halstead or the organization, other than job openings which
are listed through this site, please contact us at email@example.com or at 316-835-2286.