Utility Cashier/Receptionist - City of Park City
Park City, KS – An innovative city positioned for growth, with an inclusive
hometown feel and a safe and superior quality of life is seeking a
professional, detail-oriented, customer service-oriented candidate to fill the
position of Utility Cashier/Receptionist.
Under the supervision of the Finance Director, the Utility Cashier/Receptionist is responsible for receiving and accounting for utility payments, performing general clerical duties, issuing licenses and permits, answering the phone, greeting customers, providing backup assistance to other positions in Administration, and assisting the Finance Director with various projects. This employee must be detail-oriented, function with a high degree of accuracy and professionalism, possess excellent organizational, public relation, accounting, and oral and written communication skills. Three years of similar or related experience and a high school diploma or GED is required. College or training may be substituted for up to 2 years of experience.
The Utility Cashier/Receptionist position offers a rewarding career with a competitive salary, pay range of $14.55 – $21.21 per hour, and an excellent benefits package, to include:
o Health insurance where the City pays 100% of the premium
o City funded Health Reimbursement Account to offset insurance deductible, coinsurance, and copays
o Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Account, LegalShield, AFLAC, 3-1 Supplemental, Short-term Disability, Life Insurance
o KPERS Retirement and KPERS 457 Deferred Compensation
o Vacation, Sick Leave and 11 paid Holidays
o Training Opportunities and College Tuition Reimbursement
o On-site fitness facility
o Wellness Initiatives that include discounted membership to YMCA or area fitness clubs
o Employee Assistance Program to provide counseling and education to employees and their families.Testing will be required for this position. Must be able to pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen
of Park City Finance
Under the supervision of the Finance Director, the Utility Cashier/Receptionist is a non-exempt full-time position under FLSA. This employee is responsible for receiving and accounting for utility payments, performing general clerical duties, issuing licenses and permits, answering the phone, greeting customers, providing backup assistance to other positions in Administration, and assisting the Finance Director with various projects. This employee must be detail-oriented, function with a high degree of accuracy and professionalism, possess excellent organizational, public relation, accounting, and oral and written communication skills.
· Receives utility payments and accurately enters them into the cash receipts system;
· Receives applications for new utility service, makes arrangements for extensions of past due accounts, sets up new accounts in the computer, and generates work orders;
· Answers questions regarding utility service accounts;
· Greets customers and directs to appropriate personnel in a friendly and professional manner;
· Answers the phone and directs calls to the appropriate party in a friendly and professional manner;
· Provides backup assistance for other positions in Administration, including but not limited to, Utility Billing, Payroll, and Accounting.
· Opens, logs, and distributes mail to appropriate departments;
· Schedules public use of public buildings and facilities;
· Issues permits and licenses and maintains appropriate records;
· Assists the Finance Director on various projects, as assigned;
· Scans and saves documents in the records storage system; prepares documents for storage;
· Follows department policies and procedures;
· Follows safety procedures and practices;
· Performs other duties as deemed necessary or assigned.
· Documents all processes and procedures of the position, continually updating to reflect current practices;
· As requested, types documents, coordinates mailings, and performs other clerical tasks.
Experience: Three years of similar or related experience is required. Employee is
expected to have acquired
the necessary information and skills to perform the job reasonably well within three months of employment.
Education: A high school diploma or GED is required. College or training may be substituted for up to 2 years of experience.
Technical Skills: The ability and willingness to learn about municipal procedures. A working knowledge of accounting procedures and principles, mathematics, computers, word processing, and spreadsheets is required. This employee must be able to efficiently operate computers, printers, telephone systems, photocopiers, and other office equipment. The ability to type and perform 10-key with speed and accuracy, interpret data, follow department policies and procedures, and read and interpret written instructions, reports, and financial documents is required. This employee must be highly accurate and possess effective public relations, oral and written communication skills. This employee must be detail-oriented, function with a high level of accuracy and professionalism, and possess strong organizational, public relation, accounting, and oral and written communication skills.
Problem Solving: Problem solving is a factor in this position. This employee encounters problems with citizen concerns and complaints. Serious problems are reported to the Finance Director.
Decision Making: Some independent decision making is involved in this position. This employee makes decisions about prioritizing daily assignments, resolving citizen complaints, and performing daily duties in the most efficient manner.
Supervision: This position is subject to frequent supervision from the Finance Director. Does not have supervisory responsibilities over subordinate personnel.
Financial Accountability: This employee is responsible for department resources.
Personal Relations: Daily contact with the general public, coworkers, and supervisory personnel, and occasional contact with the organization's governing body is expected.
Working Conditions: No adverse working conditions exist within this position. Working in an office setting with a computer is the primary aspect of this position.
Physical Requirements: Physical activity associated with working in an office setting is required to perform the daily duties of this position. Proper sorting, preparing, and moving boxes will be required.