ICC Residential Combination Inspector - City of Park City
Signing Bonus - $3,000
Signing Bonus with certifications up to - $5,000
ICC Residential Combination Inspector
Park City, KS – An innovative city positioned for growth, is seeking an experienced Building Inspector to join our team. Park City is booming! We have a reputation for working with our builders and moving the process in a professional, smooth and timely manner.
We are seeking a dedicated individual who has a combination of experience, a desire to learn, and a willingness to obtain the necessary certifications for an ICC Residential Combination Inspector. The Inspector works under the direct supervision of the Building Official. This position will perform various tasks associated with advanced technical building inspections and preliminary plans to examine work; to enforce building codes, regulations, and ordinances for residential and commercial construction.
Preference will be given to candidates who can hit the ground running, that would mean they have ANY of the following qualifications:
· ICC Residential Mechanical Inspector Certification.
· ICC Residential Building Inspector Certification.
· ICC Residential Plumbing Inspector Certification.
ICC Residential Electric Inspector Certification.
Minimum qualifications would be a high school diploma or GED, valid KDL, experience in construction or building inspections, working with residential and commercial buildings and the ability to obtain the licenses and certifications listed above. Must be able to pass a background check and drug screen.
Park City offers competitive wages, $22.50 to $27.80 per hour, and an exceptional benefit package that includes:
o Health insurance where the City pays 100% of the premium
o City funded Health Reimbursement Account to offset insurance deductible, coinsurance and copays
o Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Account, LegalShield, AFLAC
o KPERS Retirement and KPERS 457 Deferred Compensation
o Vacation and Sick Leave and 11 paid Holidays
o Training Opportunities and $2,500/Year College Tuition Reimbursement
o On-site fitness facility
o Wellness Initiatives that includes discounted membership to YMCA or area fitness clubs
o Employee Assistance Program to provide counseling and education to employees and their families
SUMMARY OF JOB
This position works under the Building Official’s direct supervision. This position will perform various tasks associated with advanced technical building inspections and preliminary plans to examine work; to enforce building codes, regulations, and ordinances for residential and commercial construction.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Inspect residential and commercial building during various stages of construction and remodeling; enforce compliance with applicable codes, ordinances, and regulations; recommend modifications and adjustments as necessary
- Inspect previously occupied buildings, spaces or suites for code compliance; approve inspected areas for certificates of occupancy
- Inspect existing residential and commercial structures for change of use, occupancy, or compliance with applicable codes and ordinances
- Inspect foundation, concrete, steel, masonry, wood construction, framing, plastering, installations, and a large variety of other complex and routine building system elements for both residential and commercial construction
- Confer with architects, contractors, builders, and the general public; explain and interpret requirements and restrictions of adopted codes and ordinances
- Receive calls and answer questions about permits and code requirements; direct inquiries as necessary relating to residential and commercial construction
- Retrieve permit information from the computer; verify legal data, including owner’s tax records, and other data required to issue permits
- Maintain files and reports regarding inspection activities and findings on all active projects
- Testify in court as necessary
- Conduct or participate in pre-construction meeting with architects, engineers, and contractors to explain code and local regulations as related to new project construction
- Oversee maintenance of an assigned vehicle
- Investigate and resolve public complaints; determine compliance with City codes and ordinances; recommend appropriate action
- Performs other duties aligned with the skills, authority, and pay grade that have been determined to improve city operations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Complex principles and techniques of building inspection
- Principles of structural design and engineering mathematics
- Residential and commercial construction, materials, and methods of construction
- Safety standards and methods of building construction for commercial, industrial, and residential buildings
- Pertinent federal, state, and local laws, codes, and regulations
- Organizing daily inspections, inspection files, and test reports
- Detecting code violations within all required building construction
- Analyzing building plans for existing and new structures for code compliance
- Using specialized technical equipment as assigned
- Computing mathematical equations
- Learn building related codes and ordinances adopted and enforced by the City, including currently adopted Building Codes and Zoning Ordinances
- Interpret and apply pertinent federal, state, and local laws, codes, and regulations
- Read and interpret complex building plans, specifications and building codes
- Determine if construction systems conform to City code requirements
- Apply technical knowledge and follow proper inspection techniques to examine work quality and materials
- Detect deviations from plans, regulations, and standard construction practices
- Advise on standard construction methods and requirements for residential, commercial, and industrial buildings
- Make mathematical computations rapidly and accurately
- Enforce regulations fairly, firmly, factually, and with proper public relations skills
- Understand and carry out oral and written directions
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
- Standing, walking, sitting, kneeling, stooping, bending, twisting, climbing, and crouching will be required.
- Lifting, carrying, pushing/pulling up to 50 pounds
- Occasional outdoor work in all weather conditions
- Occasional contact with hazardous chemicals, materials, and spills
- Occasional work around loud equipment and fumes
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license.
- Three (3) years of increasingly responsible construction or building inspection experience.
- One (1) year of experience working with residential and commercial buildings.
- ICC Residential Mechanical Inspector Certification or ability to obtain within one (1) year.
- ICC Residential Building Inspector Certification or ability to obtain within one (1) year.
- ICC Residential Plumbing Inspector Certification or ability to obtain within one (1) year.
- ICC Residential Electric Inspector Certificate.