Customer Service Rep I/Discovery Clerk - Harvey County
Minimum starting rate: $13.40/hour
Employment type: Full-time
Summary: Under general supervision, maintains case files and response to defense discovery requests. Maintains discovery database, obtains discovery from law enforcement agencies, and delivers discovery to defense. Performs general receptionist duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Maintains discovery database showing discovery received and disseminated to other parties.
• Obtains reports, videos, audio, photographs, and other discovery from various law enforcement agencies; including searching law enforcement agency databases and working with records departments.
• Scanning and copying items of discovery for file maintenance and delivery to defense.
• Responds to discovery requests from defense attorneys.
• Organizes, maintains, and updates all case files for the office.
• Answer telephones, direct calls, and take messages.
• Communicate with customers, employees, and other individuals to answer questions, disseminate or explain information, and address questions.
• Type, format, proofread, and edit correspondence and other documents.
Required Education: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and six to twelve months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Current Kansas Notary Public or ability to obtain Notary Public certification
Applications are available in the Administration Office of the Harvey County Courthouse, 800 N. Main St., Newton, KS, or you can apply online.
Position open until filled. EOE.