Dispatcher 1 - Harvey County
Harvey County has an opening for a full-time Dispatcher I. The dispatcher receives incoming emergency and non-emergency telephone calls from both the public and public safety agencies. This position dispatches Police, Fire and Emergency Medical Services field units to respond to emergency and non-emergency calls for service over a two-way radio system. Dispatchers must maintain knowledge and understanding of public safety policies and procedures for the Emergency Communications Department, Police, Fire and EMS; maintain awareness and memory recall of locations and circumstances that pose hazards to public safety field units and the public; maintain confidentiality of information received; and must maintain all required certifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Efficiently gather, evaluate, prioritize, and document information from callers.
- Process calls appropriately, including dispatching calls for service to appropriate public safety field units.
- Provide information to the public and other agencies.
- Maintain and monitor two-way radio communication with field Police, Fire and EMS units in emergency and non-emergency situations.
- Enter, update and monitor the status of resources via the Computer Aided Dispatch System.
- Document incident information.
- Research, gather, and disseminate additional information as needed for law enforcement.
High school education or G.E.D.; six months to twelve months related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Minimum Starting Rate: $19.99/hour
Employment type: Full-time
Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and KPERS.
Position open until filled. EOE.